- Monthly statements: statements are sent out mid-month for payments due the following month. Your statement will show the invoice for the upcoming month, any past due amounts and/or late fees. All payments are due on or before the 1st of every month. Refer to the Overdue Rent Polices below.
- You may drop payment at our office: Mr. Storage, 506 E 1st, Huxley, IA 50124.
- Pay Online.
Important to Know When Renting a Storage Unit
- We recommend you use D-Con and protect your contents with some type of dust cover.
- Never put anything wet or damp in your unit. It won’t dry out in there; it will just add moisture to the air and make everything else damp as well. No damp boxes or clothes. Place items on wooden pallets or strips – concrete floors draw moisture.
- Check your self-storage space periodically, as ultimately you’re responsible for the condition of everything that’s in there.
- Keep one or more containers of DampRid Moisture Absorber in your storage facility at all times. You simply place a container of DampRid moisture-absorbing crystals in your unit and they’ll absorb the excess moisture from the air
- Make sure your door lock is engaged and your padlock is secure before leaving.
- Mr. Storage does not provide insurance on your contents. Contact your agent if you want insurance.
- Other charges to be aware of:
- Returned check fee is $20.
- Late fee is $10 (see below).
Move Out Procedures and Refunds
- Move Out Procedure: You must call to notify us. Your unit is considered rented until the lock has been removed and you will continue to be responsible for paying rent.
- Mail or dropoff your key to: Mr. Storage, 506 E 1st, Huxley, IA 50124.
- Refund Policy: If you have moved out before the 15th of the month, we will refund the remainder of the month at a prorated amount. If you move out after the 15th of the month, we do not issue refunds. Please note that we require a one month minimum rental (for new customers).
Overdue Rent Policies
- Late Payments: Payment is due on the 1st of every month. A $10 late fee is charge after the 7th of the month.
- Extra Lock: If payment is still not received 20 days after the “Due Date,” a second lock will be put on the unit and an Administrative Fee of $10 will be assessed. Once the account is in good standing, the extra lock is removed.
- Auction: If all rent and fees have not been paid by the 30th day of the following month, the eviction process will begin. Once the account is in good standing, the auction is canceled and the extra lock is removed. Owner reserves the right to request the payment in cash, cashier's check, or money order.